As a Virginia home and automobile owner, the Independent Insurance Agency of Richmond is here to offer you the extra protection that goes above and beyond. Our umbrella insurance protects you against additional liability coverage when it comes to your home, auto, or commercial insurance. Umbrella insurance acts as an extra means of protection and will get tapped into once the liability on your other policies have been completely exhausted. It covers:
- Property damage
- Other personal liability situations
This type of insurance also provides you with extra coverage that your home, auto, or commercial insurance does not protect you from. This includes:
- False arrest
- Liability Coverage on owned rental Units
How Umbrella Insurance Goes Above and Beyond
Here are just a few examples of how our umbrella insurance at Independent Insurance Agency of Richmond provides you with extra protection.
- Bodily Injury: Covers the cost of damage to another person’s body where you are at fault. Even includes any harm caused by your dog, injuries that occur from a person visiting your house, or injuries that may be sustained from a person being in your yard- such as a child.
- Protection Damage: Covers for loss or damage that may happen to someone else’s property, including damage as a result of an auto accident caused by you and damage caused by your pet.
- Rental Units: Provides you with coverage as a landlord from claims that involve damage from someone being on your property (if outside walkway is too icy, for instance) or if your tenant’s dog bites another person and you are the one held responsible.
- Lawsuits: You will also receive protection if you are a victim of slander, libel, false arrest or detainment, malicious lawsuits being filed against you and other personal liability situations.
Contact us today to learn more or to receive an umbrella insurance quote. Independent Insurance Agency of Richmond is here to provide you with reliable coverage and professional services from a Virginia agency you can trust.